Gasparilla Island Kids Classic
The Gasparilla Kids Classic
- Teams will consist of (1) captain and a maximum of four (4) anglers.
- An observer will be placed on competing boats to ensure adherence to all rules and to verify releases. An observer’s release/non-release decision is final. Any attempt at intimidation of an observer may be grounds for disqualification.
- Absolutely no alcohol/drugs may be consumed by anyone participating during tournament hours.
- Boats are requested to be a minimum of 24 foot in length. Any boat smaller must be approved prior to the event by tournament officials.
- Live bait only.
- There will be a maximum of two rods in use at any time.
- Maximum leader length of 15 feet. All rods must have a clearly visible swivel or knot connecting the main line to the leader.
- Any tarpon that jumps into another boat is disqualified for consideration as a release.
- Any violation of state or federal laws may be grounds for disqualification.
- Kids may not receive assistance with fighting a tarpon other than from their angler team-mates. Captains/mate may not help advance a tarpon to the boat. Violation of this rule may result in the catch being disqualified. Captains/mate may secure tackle, make rod/reel adjustments, and hold rods to untangle lines, and may cast the bait out and immediately hand the rod to the kids.
- Anglers must be 15 years old or under. (May not be 16 on tournament day).
- No more than seven (7) occupants can be on any participating boat without prior approval by tournament officials.
- All kids 10 years of age and under MUST wear a U.S.C.G. Approved life jacket at all times on the water.
- Any participant failing to fill out a fully completed and signed entry form before the start of the event will not be allowed to participate.
- Teams may not substitute anglers without official approval.
- All contestants and captains agree that any ruling/decision by the tournament judge is final.